Snom PA1 Public Announcement System
The Snom PA1 is a new audio device, which can be used as an extension of any public address system, allowing you to connect a loud speaker or PA amplifier up as an extension to a VoIP system.
Ideal for broadcasting announcements or playing music, either through connecting to external speakers or a headphone connection.
The Snom PA1 can be installed to walls and ceilings and uses the familiar Snom hardware and firmware – so you know it is of the highest quality. It can be powered by PoE or a 5v power supply.
The announcement is generated by making a call from a Snom telephone. The PA1 also has its own private number in the same way that all devices connected to a SIP system do.
Who Would Benefit?
- Reception areas and office floors
- Airports, train and bus stations
- Waiting lounges
- Workshops and factories
- Doctors and dentists surgeries
Snom PA1 Main Uses
- Public Address System: Connect a 4W speaker or an amplifier system to the PA1 audio output. Register the PA1 as an extension on your SIP system in the same way you would any other Snom phone.
When you call the PA1 it auto-answers the call and passes either one way or two way audio (if a microphone is also connected).
- Door Entry System: Using a special firmware version, the PA1 can be configured as a SIP door entry system. Connect a ‘door bell’ push button, external microphone, external speaker then register the PA1 as an extension to your SIP system in the same way as any other Snom phone.
The PA1 will then place a call to your SIP system so that you can speak to whoever is at the door (even if you aren’t in the building). The PA1 also has four DTMF controlled switched outputs which can be connected to an electronic door lock, outside light or perhaps to activate an IP camera recording.
The PA1 is not limited to these two uses, it can be used to “SIP enable” any device which has normal audio inputs and outputs. With suitable relays connected to switched outputs it could also form the basis of a home automation system controlled via your SIP phone system.
- Can be powered by a 5v power supply or via the network using PoE (IEEE 802.3af)
- Ethernet: 2 x IEEE 802.3, 10/100 Mbps switch
- SIP communication and Multicast
- Central configuration and maintenance
- Web interface menu
- Remote volume configuration
- 4 Watt power amplifier, class D (loudspeaker not included)
- Key for announcement of IP address and for resetting
- 2 LED status indicators
- Two 3.5mm jack sockets for connecting a microphone and low power (e.g. headset) speaker
- 4 freely programmable output pins, configuration via web interface
- Robust housing for wall-mount
- 2 Year Manufacturer’s Warranty
- PA1 unit
- Quick start guide
- Wall mount bracket with wall plugs
- Connectors with wires x4
Next Day Delivery
For UK orders received before 12pm Monday to Friday, we operate a next business day delivery service, subject to availability. We use next day services from the leading delivery companies.
Specific Time Delivery
If you need an item urgently, or delivered at a specific time, please contact us.
We use several leading delivery companies. The majority of our deliveries are made by
DPD, including most international orders.
Shipping prices are calculated during the checkout process.
We deliver to almost every country. For international delivery services, we use DHL, a high quality, fast delivery service. Prices are provided based on the weight of the order; this is calculated when you reach the checkout.
For full shipping information please visit our shipping page.Learn More
Hosted Business VoIP Provider Unlimited Calls from £10/month
If you’re looking for a reliable and competitive VoIP provider for your small business, we can offer you one of the UK’s most trusted services. No need to compromise on quality, either. The capabilities of our VoIP PBX system have been developed over a decade, with our roadmap for the future incorporating even more improvements. Your business VoIP is in safe hands with us.